Even saying the words ‘bug’, ‘pest’, or ‘insects’ can sound gruesome to some people. For houseplants and indoor gardens, it’s an inevitability that you encounter bugs. They’re a part of nature. Insects can be brought in on one plant and quickly spread to another. Before long you could be dealing with an infestation that won’t seem like it can be beat.
Can You Have Indoor Plants With No Insects?
Yes, absolutely. It will take some work though. The best way to get rid of insects is to use water, cotton swabs, and dislodge bugs and their eggs from your plants. For heavily infested plants, portions of it may have to be removed but in a lot of cases, you can save your plant.
Other than water, you can also use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol or vegetable oil. Some might spray their plants with an insecticidal soap. All of this should be done on a weekly basis up until the insects are all gone. It’s work but well worth it if you want bug-free indoor greenery. Here are some of the bugs you may encounter:
- Fungus gnats
- Spider mites
Make it a habit to look for pests any time you take in a plant from outside or add a new plant inside your home.
Can Artificial Plants Get Bugs Indoors Or Outdoors?
No, they can’t. Faux plants are always free of pests. This is because there is nothing for insects to feast on in an artificial plant. It’s made from non-organic materials that offer no benefit from munching on fake plants.
If you live in an area prone to getting insect infestations, making the switch to silk plants or faux plants might be the way to go. There are many other benefits to faux plants as well worth considering:
- They do not need to be watered, put in sunlight, or cared for in any way similar to real plants.
- Artificial plants look the same way more or less forever, with no risk of fading or health problems you may encounter with some houseplants.
- You can buy faux plants online that are unlike what you can grow indoors, giving you a wider variety of what you can have in your indoor garden.
- Fake plants are non-toxic, which is great if you have young children or inquisitive pets where you’re concerned they might one day ingest a part of your plants.
- As a form of home décor, you can add faux plants to any room and have it feel natural.
- Faux plants do not grow and maintain the same shape indefinitely. This removes the challenge of trying to contain growth or reshaping a plant to fit a certain area.
- Trendy premium artificial plants look highly realistic-looking and are often designed by hand.
For those that haven’t had a fake plant before, try it. See how it feels first-hand. You may be surprised by how easy they are to care for and handle, and how realistic-looking premium faux greenery can be.
Shop the best in artificial potted plants online at Artiplanto.eu. All faux greenery requires no care to take care of and they’re all insect-free. Choose your plant. Choose your planter. Buy them together from the leader in faux plants worldwide, Artiplanto.eu.